New cold water Wetsuit

November 6th, 2007 · 6 Comments

New cold water Wetsuit

Got myself a present last weekend. A brand new Excel Infiniti DryLock 5/4/3 Hooded suit (Size L / 379$ US). Tested it out on Sunday in strong cold offshore wind and 52° F water.

The suit is ridiculously warm. I didn’t even feel close to what I would consider cold. The flexibility is almost as good as my 4/3 (considering it’s thicker). I’m more than sure I could take mid 40’s water temp’s without too much pain.

The hood takes a bit of getting used to. My first good bail left some water around my ears which amplified my heart-beat sound to ‘nightclub bass levels’ which freaked me out for a sec. The fact that the chin piece tucks under/in is also a nice touch.

[rating:90/100]

Excel Wetsuits Website

Tags: surf + skate + snow

• 1 Ed Fladung // Nov 7, 2007 at 2:47 pm

hey do they make those in .5mm i’m gonna get me a full body suit for this winter. yeah!

• 2 Steve // Nov 7, 2007 at 2:58 pm

hahaha .. funny guy !! You could just eat some more “heavy foods” and it would do the same thing ! we were joking around on the weekend about building a healthy layer of ‘seal fat/blubber’ ;-)

Maybe bio-degradable spray on neoprene ?

• 3 Steve Nash // Nov 23, 2007 at 7:05 pm

going out tomoorow with my new excel infiniti. How did you do trying to take the wetsuit off ? do you have any suggestions ?

Steve

• 4 Joanne Mercaldi // Dec 14, 2009 at 9:00 pm

Hello- where did you get the suit for that great price. I am only finding them for $450 or so.. Thank you Joanne

• 5 Steve // Dec 14, 2009 at 11:34 pm

Hi Joanne,

Bought it at Cinnamon Rainbows in NH. It was slightly on sale but not by much.

cheers,
    Steve

• 6 Andrew Kutches // Apr 7, 2010 at 12:33 am

I just purchased the Xcel Infiniti Drylock with a nice Green Color emblem. I went from a 4/3 Xcel to a 5/4/3 and man this suit is warm. Highly recommended by other surfers and the surf shops around my area. (California) We have a consistant 48-52 degree water in Bodega Bay.

This suit kept me warm and after learning and trying to catch a wave for two months I caught my first wave. It was a glassy 5′ footer. I was in shock how warm and comfortable I felt in this suit.

I purchased the suit for 400.00 Cash from Bodega Bay Surf Shop.
    Also got some Xcel booties for 45.00 Cash.

After getting this suit and feeling so comfortable I caught my first wave, it was worth every dollar spent.